VIRTEC ISOBUS Introduced!
Wednesday, September 4, 2013
Responding to an industry need for more flexibility, scalability and control among implement manufacturers regarding ISOBUS compliance, DISTek Integration, Inc. has developed VIRTEC, a Virtual Terminal Client. VIRTEC is an ISO11783 compliant software library for implement controllers. Learn more as Gary Honey introduces VIRTEC in a video produced by Precision Farming Dealer. And check out Benjamin Jefferson explaining some additional features in this Precision Farming Dealer video. Or visit our VIRTEC ISOBUS page.
Features of VIRTEC include:
- Hardware and operating system independent solution manufactures can license to use at their discretion
- Single license, multi-reuse model
- Allows manufacturers to receive updates as the standard evolves
- Enables communication with any tractor’s ISOBUS display
- Implementis ISO standard while allowing full customization for OEM applications
- Manufacturers are able to display information, control machine functions and develop innovative technology while maintaining full control of intellectual property
- Compatible with most microcontroller platforms, operating systems, and ANSI C99 compilers for C and C++ applications
- Supports ISO 11783-6 for Version 3 Working Sets, excluding Annex J Auxiliary Control
- Operates on 12 KB RAM, 48 KB program ROM, and a minimum of 256 KB data ROM for ISOBUS object pools
- Integrates with existing or custom developed application code, CAN device drivers, and microcontroller and RTOS-specific code
- Includes API documentation, quick start guide, example application, and complete support options
Featured DISTek ExpertName:
Test Systems Engineering, Industrial Automation, Hydraulics, Electro-Hydraulic Control Systems, Reliability Engineering, Quality Engineering, Electronics, Mechanical Systems, Sensor Technologies, PAC's, PLC'sPast Experience
20+yrs as a Test Systems Engineer for various industries and Regional Reliability Laboratories Management for a Fortune 500 Company.DISTek Employee Since:
2006What I love about my job:
The broad range of project technologies that I get exposed to at DISTek call on and expand the technical strengths I've attained over my career. As technology grows, engineers are challenged with coming up with new ways to test their products. Designing the test solutions for these products is an extremely rewarding experience.Click HERE to become a DISTek EXPERT!